Thoughts are like water: one drop we can deal with, many drops are like a pool of water and over time, if not taken care of, we can be drowning in our own inner world – that’s when we want to escape.
We can believe that we are a good authority on ourselves at times when we may not be aware of what is truly happening for us. Something that can be problematic is that we tend to believe our own thoughts, without questioning them!
“Since the beginning of time, people have been trying to change the world so that they can be happy. This hasn’t ever worked, because it approaches the problem backward. What The Work gives us is a way to change the projector – mind – rather than the projected. It’s like when there’s a piece of lint on a projector’s lens. We think there’s a flaw on the screen, and we try to change this person and that person, whomever the flaw appears on next. But it’s futile to try to change the projected images. Once we realise where the lint is, we can clear the lens itself. This is the end of suffering and the beginning of a little joy in paradise.”– Byron Katie, Loving What Is
This Workshop is based on The Work of Byron Katie facilitated by Tammy Reid
- Exploring – “what thoughts would move you away from being you?”
- Sharing of thoughts – Identifying thoughts that would move you away from your true nature.
- Undoing – It’s a matter of “undoing” what is not true for you, rather than becoming, it is a remembering.
- Discover a tool for you to relate to yourself with loving kindness and peace, ending the inner turmoil, which is so often the cause of stress.
- Experience The Work of Byron Katie facilitated by Tammy Reid.
- The Work of Byron Katie is a practice to meet thoughts with understanding. Rather than attempting to control reality, people or circumstances that you may want to be different, you can question your thoughts about those people and those circumstances and you may come to see that it was your concepts that were the cause of your limitations, not anything outside of you! You are who you’ve been looking for!
- Complete Self-Inquiry & identify the stories that may have moved you out of being you!
- Do The Work of Byron Katie and share the process of Self-Inquiry with others learning to both facilitate as well as be facilitated in this practice where the opportunity is available for you to enter the domain where you have control…. the inside.
- Expect laughter !
About your Facilitator:
B.A. (Hons.), Dip. Ed, B.S.Y.A., J.P. (Qual.)
Tammy Reid founded Doing What Works for your peace of mind. Tammy is a joy-filled inspiration who speaks from the heart.
She shares The Work of Byron Katie, an Inquiry-Based Stress Reduction process, for you to discover your own truth.
Tammy’s diverse life experience has included a corporate career in her 20s (Sales Manager, Bank Manager, General Manager), a Yoga Teacher in 1999 and a Zen Thai Shiatsu Massage Therapist in 2011.
Before founding, Doing What Works, Tammy spent the last 20 years working with children with Autism as well as parents and educators. Seeing first hand many challenging behaviours, instead of giving strategies, Tammy now integrates The Work of Byron Katie to lead you to find your own answers.
Tammy has made The Work of Byron Katie an integral part of her life and living. Tammy is currently completing her Certification with the Institute for The Work, which is the only worldwide Certification Program for The Work of Byron Katie. She is now Qualified to serve on the Helpline at www.thework.com for the Institute for The Work. She is a graduate of Byron Katie’s School for The Work and has been facilitated directly by Byron Katie.
As a facilitator of The Work, Tammy works with individuals, couples, children, teenagers, teachers, businessmen and women, providing them with this process of Self-Inquiry, so they can use this practice to untangle difficulties in their life for their own peace of mind. Tammy’s genuine love for people is felt. She facilitates with compassion and understanding in private practice in Coffs Harbour on the Mid-North Coast, NSW.